Sake News, Education, Events and More!
Hi, my name is Timothy Sullivan and I’m the founder of UrbanSake.com, a site devoted to sharing the appreciation, knowledge and joy of Japanese Sake with you.
How it all started
In 2005, I sampled premium sake for the first time at a Japanese Restaurant in New York City, and I couldn’t believe what I was tasting. The complex, nuanced and delicious flavors simply amazed me. I was hooked and immediately began researching how water and rice come together to make “Nihonshu”, known in the U.S. simply as “sake”. I started UrbanSake.com first as a blog to help myself keep track of the sakes I was tasting at the many sake events New York has to offer, and as a repository for everything I was learning. What began as a labor of love grew over the next few years to become a larger online resource for sake information and education in the U.S.
My Training, Certifications and Affiliations:
- Founder, UrbanSake.com, America’s foremost sake website
- 2007 Sake Samurai (Japan Sake Brewer’s Association)
- Certified Sake Adviser (Sake School of America)
- Advanced Sake Professional (Sake Education Council)
- International Sake Sommelier (Sake Service Institute|SSI)
- Co-founder, SakeJourneys.com
- Instructor, Sake School of America
- Official Brand Ambassador, Hakkaisan Sake Brewery
Stay in Touch
If you would like more information on UrbanSake.com or Timothy Sullivan, please get in touch through my contact page.
Please stay in touch with sake articles and events posted on at UrbanSake.com through one of our subscription methods.
I look forward to hearing from you and I hope you enjoy UrbanSake.com! Kanpai!