Well, good heavens! I’ve been teaching about sake since 2007 and believe me, I get it – sake can be confusing and even downright intimidating for those just getting started. I always thought it would be a good idea to pull together a cheat sheet of core concepts to help everyone understand more about sake ...
Daishichi is a sake brand that is famous for two things – its exclusive use of the Kimoto brewing method, and it’s extreme elegance. That elegance was on full display at a recent sake dinner featuring Baccarat Crystal at the Hakubai Restaurant in the Kitano Hotel. This was another amazing night at Hakubai. When I ...
Welcome to our Masumi Arabashiri Tasting Giveaway! To enter, log into the widget below and answer our trivia question about Masumi sake! All entries with the correct response will be entered to win a ticket to the April 10th Masumi Arabashiri Tasting at Cherry (355 West 16th Street, New York) from 6-8pm. This is a ...
The upcoming “Sake and the City” event on February 12th in NYC is going to be an amazing evening of enjoying Nihonshu. As part of the promotion for this event, I was invited to appear on NBC as part of their live (LIVE!!) 7pm local NYC newscast to talk about sake and the event. Luckily, ...
More in this category
- 2012 Golden Masu Awards
- Exploring Sake in Glorious Gifu
- Koyoido Sake “Toy Box” Ceramics Exhibition in Kyoto
- Visiting Tomita Shuzo – Shiga’s Shichihonyari
- Visiting Shata Shuzo – Ishikawa’s Tengumai
- Visiting Miyasaka Brewery – Nagano’s Masumi
- Sake Discoveries & Kaburaki Kutani Ware at BoConcept
- Akita Fall Sake Tasting 2012
- Fukuju Night at Sakagura
- Hiyaoroshi Hijinks: Nov. 2012 Urban Sake Tasting Club!
- Fukuju Sake Tasting at Sakaya
- Kyoto Brewery Visit: Kinoshita Shuzo – Tamagawa
- Kyoto Brewery Visit: Masuda Tokubee Shoten: Tsukinokastura
- Sake Samurai Ceremony 2012
- Our First Urban Sake Tasting Club!
- NY Mutual Trading Show 2012
- Sake Day Adventure at Sakagura
- Joy to the World: The 2012 New York Joy of Sake Tasting
- JFC Sake Expo 2012
- Getting to Know Asabiraki at Sakagura
- Sake Night at Family Recipe
- Joy of Sake Kick Off Party at Blue Ribbon Izakaya
- Tatenokawa Times Two!
- Holy Cow: Tedorigawa Sake at Takashi Yakiniku
- Ten-Qoo Tuna and Sawanotsuru at Inakaya
- Ice, Ice Baby: Enjoying Shichihonyari On the Rocks