Singapore, Singapore 408938
Event Category: Sake Education
Join the growing community of International Kikisake-shi (International Sake Sommelier)! Next intake in January ’18!
Conducted by International Kikisake-shi Educator, Taeko-san!
Course date: 27th and 28th January ’18, from 9 am to 6 pm
Examination date: 04th March ’18, from 2 pm to 6 pm
This course is an advanced-level qualification in Sake offered by the Sake Service Institute International located in Japan. International Kikisake-shi course is ideal for candidates currently employed in the F&B / hospitality industry. It gives the candidate the essential knowledge and skills to advise and provide appropriate Sake service through the customer-oriented Japanese culture.
The candidate will:
• understand the history, ingredients and production methods for Sake.
• be able to understand and interpret Sake labels.
• be able to provide appropriate Sake service.
Who Should Attend
• Professionals, Service, Executive staffs from the F&B and wines, spirits and sake industries
• Professionals, Service, Executive staffs from retail industry offering wines, spirits and sakes
• Professionals or Individuals with keen interest in sakes
• Individuals seeking a career in the F&B, wines, spirits, sakes and retail industries
16 hour (2 day), examination on schedule
• Requirements for Success as a Kikisake-shi (a.k.a. Sake Sommelier)
• Alcoholic Beverages: The Basics
• History of Sake
• Ingredients of Sake
• How Sake is Made
• Sake Tasting
• Serving Sake
• Reading Sake Labels
• Part 1 (multiple-choice questions and short answers)
o Basic knowledge in food & beverages, including alcoholic beverages
• Part 2 (multiple-choice questions and short answers)
o Technical knowledge of sake and the formation of sales promotion
• Part 3 (multiple-choice questions and short answers)
o The formation of sales promotion through sake tasting and the knowledge regarding service
Depending on the assessment, each segment of the assessment will have different passing criteria.
Upon successful completion of the course, a certificate suitable for framing and a lapel pin from Sake Service Institute International will be awarded.
$1580 net per person (inclusive of registration, study materials, classroom facilitation, sakes for tasting and one sitting for the examination)
It is strongly recommended that candidate attends the Certified Sake Navigator course before enrolling into the International Kikisake-shi course.
Please ensure that you have read up our terms & conditions from our website before signing up for the course.
For More Information
Please email us at [email protected] or call +65 8727 6650
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.