Nanbu Bijin and Tengumai Pairing Dinner at 1 or 8 Restaurant
Event organizer’s Description:
We are going to have a sake pairing dinner option on Sunday October 9th.
We will have the pleasure of having the presence of the representatives
from two sake breweries, Mr. Shinobu Takebayashi from Nanbu Bijin and
Mr. Naoki Yokoyama from Tengumai, along with Chizuko Niikawa of Sake
Discovery, the promoter of these sake.
* This pairing dinner is going to be available only with a reservation
(please specify “pairing dinner”) along with a pre-payment information.
* The dinner including the sake is $90 per person (tax and gratuity not
* Please make your reservation by Wednesday October 5th.
* There is no specific time for this pairing dinner. We will serve each
tables at their reserved time (Sundays, we open at 6pm and the kitchen
closes at 11pm).
* In case of cancellation, we are not able to give any refund for the
reservation of this particular dinner. However, if something comes up
and you cannot come in, you could always have a friend coming in instead
– the seats are exchangeable!
Here is the current plan of the menu.
* Amuse Bouche
– pairing with Nanbu Bijin – Plum Sake
* 1st course
Katsuo Tataki Salad: Seared bonito, kaiware, red onion, celery
served with yogurt miso dressing
– pairing with Tengumai – Yamahai Junmai (chilled)
* 2nd course
Dashi Maki Tamago: Cooked egg with seasonal mushroom& bonito broth
– pairing with Nanbu Bijin – Tokubetsu Junmai
* 3rd course
Grilled Eel (Shira Yaki): served with tomato / miso sauce
– pairing with Nanbu Bijin – Daiginjo
* 4th course
Nigiri sushi (3pcs): assorted seasonal fish
– pairing with Tengumai – Daiginjo
Duck Soba Noodle: Roasted duck, sauteed foie gras, buckwheat noodle,
served with bonito broth
– pairing with Tengumai – Yamahai Junmai (warmed)
Zenzai: Sake ice cream with red bean soup
If interested in this pairing dinner, call the restaurant
for a reservation.
Have a great weekend, and hope to see you soon!
1 OR 8
66 South 2nd street
bet Wythe and Kent