Sake Session with Master Sommelier Yuji Matsumoto
Sniff, swirl, and sip your way through this unique sake seminar, tasting eight premium sakes from some of Japan’s oldest and most prestigious producers. Japanese appetizers will be provided to cleanse your palate and demonstrate the incredible food-friendliness of sake!
Place: LearnAboutWine Loft
530 Molino St #218
Los Angeles, CA 90013
with Master Sake Sommelier, Yuji Matsumoto
$80 at the Door
Advanced On Line Sale Price â€“ $69.00
Sake and food pairings
Plum Shiso Saketini
Okunomatsu Sparkling Junmai Daiginjo FN
Kurosawa Junmai Kimoto
Mu Junmai Daiginjo
Hananomai Junmai Ginjo
Hatsumago Junmai Kimoto
Shichiken Junmai Ginjo
* The Japanese often refer to Sake as the Drink of the Gods.
* Sake is a beverage created from rice, water, koji mold, and yeast.
* The alcohol content of sake is just slightly higher than that of most red wines–just 15%-16%.
* Sake is not a distilled spirit, but a beverage brewed like beer.
* Premium sake is usually served lightly chilled like white wine.
* Only lower grades of Sake are usually served hot!
* Sake is an excellent beverage for pairing with food.