Steamed sake rice that is added to the main mash (moromi). It is considered the “starch component” of the rice added to the main mash. Usually the kakemai makes up about 80% of the rice used in a batch of sake. The remaining 20% would be the kojimai, or the rice that has the koji mold grown on it.
Bear in mind that the links to Tippsysake.com on this site are affiliate links and if you go through them to make a purchase I will earn a small commission. Keep in mind that I link to this company and their products because of their quality and not because of the commission we receive from your purchases. The decision is yours, and whether or not you decide to buy something is completely up to you.